Book early and get the lowest airfares to Mérida
Fly to Mérida, Mexico, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Mérida’s top attractions
- Start in the old town to see colonial architecture, including the Catedral de San Ildefonso, a massive cathedral that was built using stone from ancient Mayan structures in the area.
- Take a day trip to explore and wander the Mayan ruins of nearby Uxmal and Kabah
- Visit the Gran Museo del Mundo Maya, which is dedicated to the native peoples of the Yucatan and showcases more than 1,100 preserved artifacts.
- Shop for locally-made goods and souvenirs; hammocks are especially popular.
- Sample traditional food and drink like corn, wild turkey, squash, chiles and xtabentun, a Mayan liqueur made from fermented honey.
Best time to travel to Mérida
Mérida is warm and sunny year-round. The best seasons to visit are fall and winter, when the humidity is low. Travel to Mérida in January to take part in the month-long festivities that celebrate the city’s founding in 1542. The family-friendly Carnival takes place in late winter or early spring.