Book early and get the lowest airfares to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo
Fly to Ixtapa, Mexico, with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Ixtapa’s top attractions
- Visit Playa La Ropa and Playa Las Gatas for quiet beaches with swimming that are perfect for families.
- Join a tour to view or swim with dolphins.
- See native pottery and archeological relics at the Museo de Arqueología de la Costa Grande.
- Enjoy recreational activities including fishing, golfing or biking.
- Stroll through the cobblestone alleys in nearby Zihuatanejo. Mornings are bustling with fishermen selling their fresh catches, and evenings are lively when the town’s bars, restaurants and galleries come to life.
Best time to travel to Ixtapa
Winter and spring are the best seasons for visiting Ixtapa, with pleasant weather and less humidity. Summer months see higher temperatures and some rain. Visit in late winter to take part in the Zihua SailFest, which benefits disadvantaged children in the region, or the Zihuatanejo International Guitar Festival.
Find your vacation package to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo with United Vacations.