Book early and get the lowest airfares to Hilo
Return Tue 19 Feb 2019
Fly to Hilo with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Hilo’s top attractions
- Hike the waterfalls at Akaka Falls State Park.
- Visit Waianuenue, also called Rainbow Falls, in the early morning and look for a colorful arch.
- Take the family to Richardson Ocean Park for picnicking and snorkeling.
- Spot sea turtles at Carlsmith Beach Park, known locally as Four Miles.
- Relax in the Japanese-themed Liliuokalani Gardens.
- Explore the Kaumana Caves — bring a flashlight with you.
- Rent a surfboard and master the waves at Bayfront Park.
- Learn about the history and science of tsunamis at the Pacific Tsunami Museum.
Best time to travel to Hilo
December to March is the best time to visit Hilo to surf and see the waterfalls at their fullest. The Merrie Monarch Festival takes place each spring, featuring a hula competition, arts and crafts and a colorful parade.
Find your vacation package to Hilo with United Vacations.