Plan ahead and get the best flights to Columbus (CMH)
Fly to Columbus with United Airlines from over 200 airports within the United States and an additional 100 airports internationally.
Columbus’ top attractions
- Tour the Ohio State University, one of the largest colleges in the United States.
- Relax amid beautiful plant and art exhibitions at the Franklin Park Conservatory.
- Stroll German Village, a neighborhood with unique architecture, shops and eateries.
- Take in some national and local art at the Columbus Museum of Art and the Wexner Center for the Arts.
- Walk the Scioto Mile, a riverfront park that features fountains and public art against the city skyline.
- Explore the Blendon Woods Metro Park or the Highbanks Metro Park for easy walks in nature.
- Go to the Easton Town Center, an outdoor shopping area that has won awards for its innovative design.
- Visit COSI Columbus, a museum and research center with hands-on science exhibits.
Best time to travel to Columbus
Visit Columbus for any Ohio State home game in the fall and watch the city come alive with Buckeye fever. Columbus offers four seasons of weather, though it rarely gets too hot in the summer. The city hosts many festivals through the year, including the Creekside Blues and Jazz Festival in early summer; Red, White and Boom over the July 4 weekend; and the Caffeine Crawl Columbus in the fall. Take part in the annual Jazz and Rib Fest or explore the Ohio State Fair, held every summer. During September, head to the Ohio State Fairgrounds for Oktoberfest.