Book early and get the lowest airfares to Denver
Return Wed 20 Feb 2019
Denver combines western tradition with a flourishing, modern city of restaurants, museums and outdoor activities. Its location at the base of the Rocky Mountains means it’s a perfect destination for city lovers or outdoor thrill seekers.
Denver's top attractions
- Take in 19th century architecture at Larimer Square, where Denver was originally founded. This area boasts high-end restaurants, bars and local boutiques.
- Tour the Colorado State Capitol building, situated one mile above sea level.
- Head to the Denver Art Museum, home to one of the largest collections of Native American art in the U.S.
- Visit the Denver Botanic Gardens for a sample of alpine greenery and shrubs, plus plants and flowers from all over the world.
- Appreciate the entire artistic career of a 20th century abstract expressionist painter at the Clyfford Still Museum.
- Join a pub crawl and visit local craft breweries.
- Relax or play sports in one of the many metropolitan parks, including the expansive City Park and the popular Washington Park.
Best time to travel to Denver
Travel to Denver in January to take part in the two-week National Western Stock Show. In autumn, make a trip to the Great American Beer Festival held annually at the Colorado Convention Center. Festivals happen nearly every weekend during the summer at Civic Center Park. For live music, head to the world-famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre.
Find the best things to do in Denver.