Plan ahead and get the best flights to Houston (IAH)
The largest city in Texas, Houston is known for its oil industry and space explorations. The city’s diverse attractions cater to all tastes and interests.
Houston’s top attractions
- Take kids to Houston Zoo, Downtown Aquarium, the Children’s Museum of Houston, and Houston Museum of Natural Science.
- Learn more about space research and missions at Space Center Houston. See a replica of the country’s first space center, touch a moon rock and tour mission control.
- Go walking, running or biking in the large Memorial Park.
- Spend an art-filled afternoon at the Museum of Fine Arts.
- Get active in the great outdoors at Buffalo Bayou Park.
- Stroll Houston’s streets and spot the abundance of colorful public art.
Best time to travel to Houston
Experience Texas’ cowboy heritage at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, held each spring. There are rodeo events, live music, barbecues, a carnival and cattle shows. Spring also hosts the Houston International Festival (iFest), filled with music and multicultural art displays. Summer has many fun events, including Pride Houston, Fiestas Patrias and the Houston Art Car Parade.