Plan ahead and get the best flights to Honolulu (HNL)
Honolulu, the capital of Hawaii, is a bustling metropolis with world-class attractions and history. Its location near some of the world’s most famous beaches presents a breathtaking landscape.
Honolulu’s top attractions
- Surf, play volleyball or just soak up the sunshine on the white sand of Waikiki Beach.
- Visit popular area beaches, such as Ala Moana Beach Park, Makapu'u Beach and Hanauma Bay.
- Learn about 20th century history at Pearl Harbor, with sites such as the USS Arizona Memorial, the Battleship Missouri Memorial and the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum.
- Admire the vistas from Diamond Head State Monument.
- Discover the local culture at the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum.
- Take the family for an adventure at Sea Life Park Hawaii.
Best time to travel to Honolulu
Honolulu has pleasant temperatures throughout the year, though spring and fall are especially good times to visit for affordable accommodations and smaller crowds. Winter is the peak season for surfing. The three-day Honolulu Festival, held annually in March, showcases arts, crafts and food, and ends with a large parade at Waikiki Beach.
Find your vacation package to Honolulu with United Vacations.