Plan ahead and get the best flights to Punta Cana (PUJ)
One of the Dominican Republic’s top beach destinations, Punta Cana offers long stretches of white sandy shores and a relaxed atmosphere, creating a vacation you’re sure to remember.
Punta Cana’s top attractions
- Sunbathe and swim at the various beaches.
- Join a boat ride to Saona Island, part of the Parque Nacional del Este (National Park of the East).
- Enjoy an adrenaline rush at Scape Park, complete with swimming, horse riding, a zip line and buggies.
- Go snorkeling at Marinarium and scuba diving at Seaquarium.
- Have evening fun at the Caribbean Buccaneers pirate show and dinner.
- Take a day trip to the Colonial City of Santo Dominto, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Best time to travel to Punta Cana
The year-round warm weather makes Punta Cana ideal to visit in any season. Travelers to Punta Cana will find bigger crowds during the busy winter months and smaller crowds from late-March to May. Low travel is typically June to October, during hurricane season. Punta Cana Carnaval is one of the area’s liveliest annual events, and it’s held on the first Saturday in March. Colorful parades, masks and costumes, and dancing and singing offer great insight into local culture and traditions.
Find your vacation package to Punta Cana with United Vacations.