Book early and get the lowest airfares to Cancun
Return Wed 12 Dec 2018
Cancun is home to resorts, beautiful beaches, restaurants and lively nightlife. This fun destination is also located near ancient ruins, so you can enjoy a perfect mix of relaxation and exploration.
Cancun’s top attractions
- Take boat trips to nearby islands, such as Isla Mujeres and Isla Contoy, or join an excursion to spot dolphins swimming in the wild.
- Marvel at the stepped pyramid and other ruins of Chichen Itza.
- Go swimming or diving in a cenote, a large underground cavern. Popular spots include Ik-Kil and Cenote Azul.
- Learn more about the area’s history at the Museo Maya de Cancun.
- Explore Xcaret, home to ancient Mayan ruins and incredible underground rivers and local wildlife, such as spider monkeys and flamingos.
- Bargain shop for souvenirs at the many local markets.
Best time to travel to Cancun
September and October see the most rain, while November through March are the peak months to visit. See the Mayan Village Show, at the start of the year, to experience ancient Mayan rituals. Spring’s Carnival is a lively affair, with parades, music, dancing and local foods and drinks. Easter, Cinco de Mayo and the Day of the Dead are also popular celebrations.
Find your vacation package to Cancun with United Vacations.
Find the best things to do in Cancun.